Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Laugh BIG and LOUD (btw I AM FUNNY!)


My motto: if it's funny... laugh out LOUD!

First: I am funny. I don't just think this, I know this. As my niece once said "I didn't say I knowed it, I said I knewed it!" ... and it is true. I can't necessarily be funny on the spot, but I am in the moment. :) I'm not even bragging. It is what it is. :)

As far as laughing out loud... why be secretive about how funny you think something is? .. let it out, be free! I actually don't have a whole lot of control over it, it just happens. But I do have a few different laughs that we (friends and I ) have noticed.
They are as follows:

1. regular laugh
2. giggle
3. BIG OUT LOUD, MOUTH WIDE OPEN LAUGH. (but in an attractive way - I was told- hmm)
4. EXPLODING LAUGH - bursts out before I can reign it in.
5. The Scooby-doo or 'courtesy' laugh : this one happens when I have heard the funny thing you have said, but am not really giving full attention. My brain is aware that I need to laugh, so that you'll know I heard the funny thing you said and so as not to leave you hanging - and so I laugh. And it comes out sounding like Scooby-doo. Honest. Then, of course, we laugh like #3, because I've just been busted.

I laugh when I am nervous or feel shy. I laugh at inopportune times (church, the library,during a wedding, during a movie when it isn't a funny scene, during someone's speech, when people fall (that one is terrible, very inappropriate - but it's a nervous thing, and I don't always do it, just sometimes)

So, I may not always laugh at the right time, but at least I'm laughing :)

2 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, ha! And you are funny! And you do have a wonderful laugh! I don't think I've ever heard the "Scooby-doo" but then again I may not have noticed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hee yeah, this is one everyone knows about me (except maybe th eScooby-doo laugh and that I laugh when I am nervous, etc.) but If you have ever said anything funny around me, you know I laugh LOUD. p.s. After every job I leave, I have someone tell me they miss my laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete