Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Few More Randoms




-- I am scared of heights, but I bungee jumped the equivalent of a SEVEN story building BECAUSE I was scared. (still scared)

-- I am afraid of BIG dogs. (A little dog bit me when I was little. That was my fault.) The BIG dog fear is because our neighbors dog would charge and try and attack me when I would leave the house. Only me. And I was a kid and so I like to see if they are friendly first.

-- I am allergic to cats, therefore if they are around they will always try and sit with me.

-- I LOVE going to the beach, but am not real keen on the sand or ocean. (Have I said this one before?) - and sometimes it is really HOT! :) ... But I do love going, it brings back wonderful childhood memories. A feeling of calm, safety, carefree living, peace and joy. I LOVE IT!

-- Apparently, on my recent trip to H.H. I unwittingly killed about 70 sand dollars. They were washed ashore! Their fur wasn't moving! And many of them were on their backs! How was I supposed to know they were still alive?! :( If I had known, I certainly wouldn't have picked up 70 of them. :)

-- If I have the flat iron (hair) or regular iron plugged in, I have to unplug it and say 'UNPLUGGED' out loud. I typically look a couple more times to make sure it is unplugged before I leave the house.

-- I LOVE having slumber parties with my nieces. I miss the little girls they used to be but love the little girls they are.

-- I don't care where we eat/where we go/what we do - as long as I am with the people I care about.

-- If I have a bad meal, it's ok. There will be another one. no worries.

-- My favorite bouquet of flowers would be a bouquet of wild flowers in an old mason jar - maybe a ribbon tied around it.

-- If I could wrap presents and make gift baskets all day long, and get paid for it, I would. (In a heartbeat)

-- I don't like gravy or anything that is gravy-like.

-- The first time I ever got a massage the girl said 'Wow you're really tense' and I thought 'Heck-yeah, you're a stranger and I'm naked!' :)

-- I like to sleep. If I'm tired, I'm sleeping. :)

-- I have had 3 minor fender benders - Oh, 4 ..... ALL MY FAULT. :)

the.end.

3 comments:

  1. You really bungee jumped?!? I could NEVER do that! (Did we already have this conversation?) Anyway, my favorite NLKFAMA (new little known fact about Michael Ann) was the "Heck-yeah, you're a stranger and I'm naked!" Funny AND so true! The first (and only) massage I ever received was at the hands of a blind masseuse. The girl who set up my appointment for me knew I was a little nervous and thought that would make me more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! yes, I did. We were in Florida. Everyone else went and I wasn't going to go. Right as we were getting up to leave, I said I'm going to do it. I was so nervous I was shaking all the way over there and while I was signing the papers saying I wouldn't sure them if I died. The guy asked if I already went on it and I said no. (Worst part about it, they weigh you ... :)...) Climbed all the stairs. When I got to the top they said 'Ok we are going to count, one.... two... three and then you walk off the end of the platform' .. All I heard was 'One... Two... ' and then I walked off. I knew if I heard 'three' I would stall. so, there it was :) It was fun :)

    And yeah, that's what I thought during that massage (she also talked a little too much, if I recall correctly - probably to make me more at ease- didn't 'take') Funny about your masseuse. I would think that would have actually been a good one. Good 'tough' senses. :) were you more comfortable?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good massage. I still never got another one. My personal space is my personal space.

    ReplyDelete