Monday, January 18, 2010

40 days ..... well, that was the plan.

WELCOME

Originally I had planned to write for 40 days, 40 things about myself that some may or may not know. In my almost 40 years, I have been told, by many, that it takes a while to get know me - that I don't tell too much too soon - and I don't. It does take a while to get to know me, but to know me is to love me (ha!). So, please, come along for the ride! Take your time, take the time..... and read on. It's worth the investment (ha!)... or maybe not, you'll decide.

So, here we go. I can't guarantee that any of these blogs will be life altering or very exciting. And I will not be giving you back your wasted time spent reading my ramblings. It is just a little glimpse at me. Read if you like, pass if you'd rather. And - fair warning - don't you be whining to me about how you don't like me if you aren't willing to put forth the effort to read along and fall in like/love with me. (ha!) - just saying. (p.s. - there will be a blog about my sense of humor - don't take this too seriously, I don't)


The BIG 4-0 is just around the corner: February 17. Which means, I am not 40 days out. So you will not learn 40 new things about me, there aren't enough days. You will, however, not be surprised by the first revelation.



I AM TERRIBLE AT MATH: (surprise!)- and obviously, counting.

I still count on my fingers, and twice when leaving a tip (for fear I will gyp someone). I do better writing it down (not in my head - ok, insert blond joke here) Adding and Subtracting = ok. multiplication and division = not so great ... esp. when the numbers get bigger :) ha!

Forget fractions(I have). And I really don't understand the point of having 'x' and 'y' in a math problem . Those are letters, not numbers and the two should be separate! (while we are at it, i am not a great speller, either)

I prefer to guess the answer to the math problem. While this is not an accurate way to solve a problem, it seems quicker (the other person helping usually grows tired of this game and yells out the answer - at some point... i know this to be true).

I seem to recall liking word problems. Is that what they were called? The ones that usually started with .... If a train is going 75 mph and a car is traveling the opposite direction at 82 mph ... blah, blah, blah .... - I am not sure I got many of those correct either, but I enjoyed the story (esp. if there were pictures).

So, that's it in a nutshell. Mike Ann + Math = No Go.


Riveting! I KNOW! :) ..... More tidbits like this to come... How many more? Well, as many days as there are left before the BIG 4-0! ... Don't ask me, it's like math!


Ohhhhh HAPPY DAY! :)

(could someone post something just so I'll know I have done this correctly? - thanks!)

5 comments:

  1. Math skills or no math skills, you add up to AWESOME!! Love you, my sweet friend. Keep the blogs comin'!! - LaLa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second LaLa - you're so cute! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A blog! I love it. And it's okay that you and math don't get along. I'll still be your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea Mike Anne! I like your thoughts on the x and y getting involved with numbers. Keep em coming my friend!! - Jon Hobson

    ReplyDelete